JOB ID #4808126259
|Posted:||January 4, 2017||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||January 24, 2017||Experience:||2-5 years|
|Location:||Lansing, MI||Education:||High School|
Send applications or inquiries to:
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job: never provide your social security number to a prospective employer, never provide credit card or bank account information, and never perform any sort of monetary transaction. To use this website, you must agree with the CatholicJobs.com Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
To read the full job description and how to apply, please visit www.dioceseoflansing.org/employment
Principle Duties Include:
• Maintain confidentiality in all cases at the Tribunal.
• Receive and review cases, determine case type, record cases, assemble documents and proofs.
• Confirm that the Diocese of Lansing Tribunal has competency and if not, send the case to the proper Tribunal.
• Assure that documents, testimony, and needed information are submitted and request missing documents as needed.
• Prepare, assemble, and mail decrees, letters, and other official documents to all parties for each step of a case.
• Prepare appeal cases to be sent to Appellate Court or Rome for trial.
• Assemble and type Rome Report once per year.
• Assemble and turn in Canon Law Society of America (CLSA) Report once per year.
• Answer all telephone calls and respond appropriately to callers. Summarize case calls and place in the case file.
• Sort, distribute, and respond to US mail, as appropriate. Respond to emails as appropriate. Keep copies of all correspondence in case file.
• Keep and record an accurate correspondence record of contact with all parties in cases.
• Use various strategies to search for parties whose whereabouts are unknown. Use internet database searches along with verification on various records such as marriage, divorce, and death announcements.
• Keep Protocol Book up to date.
• Handle requests for archived case information.
• Provide clerical support to Judicial Vicar, Judges, Defender of the Bond and Court Experts as needed.
• Track the progress of cases through the Tribunal. Track progress of cases with Court Expert, Copy and mail pertinent Acts of the Case to Court Experts not able to come to the Tribunal and format the returned Memorandum and file in proper location for judges.
• Assemble quarterly Tribunal statistics.
• Maintain budget reports and office supplies. Track payment collection.
• Submit requests for technical services or building maintenance as needed.
• Scan case documents to electronic format for archival storage in .pdf format.
• Must have an understanding of both electronic and paper filing systems.
The employer is a religious institution, and its efforts are directed toward the glory of God and the salvation of souls. Employees of the Diocese of Lansing are commissioned to live and proclaim the Gospel always and everywhere. While employees are asked to serve in a variety of roles, each employee's duties and responsibilities are primarily religious. That is, by word and deed, each employee is involved in spreading the faith and other key works of the Church. Each employee's position is vital to the spiritual and pastoral mission of the Church, and is inherently religious.
Immaculate Heart Radio – Loomis, CA
|Administrative Assistant, Office of the Archbishop
Archdiocese of Washington – Hyattsville, MD
Canon Law Society of America – Washington, DC
|Parish Financial Services Administrative Assistant
Archdiocese of Seattle – Seattle, WA
St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church – Falls Church, VA
|Administrative Asst. Office of Catechesis
Diocese of Shreveport – Shreveport, LA
|Bilingual Adult Education Coordinator
Archdiocese of Denver – Denver, CO
Ave Maria University, Inc. – Ave Maria, FL
|Administrative Assistant - Office
St. Barbara Church – Black Diamond, WA
|Part-Time Bilingual Secretary
Catholic Partnership Schools – Camden, NJ
|Administrative Assistant for Real Estate and Construction
Archdiocese of Seattle – Seattle, WA
|Executive Administrative Assistant to COO - CFO
Ascension Press – West Chester, PA