JOB ID #7840126208
|Posted:||December 28, 2016||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||February 26, 2017||Experience:||0-2 years|
|Location:||Portland, OR||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Send applications or inquiries to:
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job: never provide your social security number to a prospective employer, never provide credit card or bank account information, and never perform any sort of monetary transaction. To use this website, you must agree with the CatholicJobs.com Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Assist and provide legal support and administration to General Counsel and Property Manager in a wide range of non-profit religious corporate law, labor and employment law (including labor union rights and obligations), litigation, real estate and property management matters.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• perform basic legal, real property and factual research
• perform records research
• identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes and other pertinent material
• identify real property comparables
• organize and analyze information
• cross-check and validate information
• prepare written reports
• draft legal documents including agreements, contracts and legal memoranda
• assist with collective bargaining agreement compliance oversight
• prepare correspondence
• check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
• prepare and file documentation including state tax registrations, IRS forms and property tax exemption applications
• build and maintain databases, files and logs
• organize and track case files
• review and monitor relevant new and updated laws and regulations
• maintain Archdiocese and parish corporate documents library
• research and prepare documentation for the formation and maintenance of corporate entities
• draft corporate resolutions and related documents
• coordinate office activities, including meetings with Pastoral Center, parish and school personnel, experts, outside and opposing counsel, and other professionals
• monitor and help resolve informal employee disputes and claims
• assist with grievance and disciplinary hearings
• help with trial preparation including witness lists, exhibits and trial binders
• assist General Counsel in the courtroom
• assist Property Manager with special and other projects
• Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
• Excellent planning, research, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
• Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
• Flexibility and the ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team or as an individual contributor.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
Education and Experience
• bachelor's degree or associates degree
• knowledge of legal principles and practices
• knowledge of legal research techniques
• knowledge of legal terminology
• knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
• knowledge of property management principles and practices
• knowledge of general real estate principles and practices
• relevant computer knowledge and experience
• prior law firm or relevant legal department experience preferred
• paralegal certification preferred
The Archdiocese is the leader of Catholic ministry in the Western region of Oregon