JOB ID #8646126043
|Posted:||December 2, 2016||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||March 2, 2017||Experience:||2-5 years|
|Location:||Houston, TX||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
|Category:||Education: Middle/High School||Base Pay:||Salary|
Send applications or inquiries to:
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job: never provide your social security number to a prospective employer, never provide credit card or bank account information, and never perform any sort of monetary transaction. To use this website, you must agree with the CatholicJobs.com Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
St. Thomas High School
To apply go to www.sths.org/about/careers
Title: Classroom Teacher
Accountability: Dean of Department
Date of Issuance: November 2016
Profile: A member of the St. Thomas High School faculty seeks ways to teach and model Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge. He/she interacts in a positive and caring way with students by offering academic and personal guidance. Familiarity with the school's history and traditions is important in order to capture, perpetuate and enhance the school's spirit and values. He/she is actively involved in the school's religious life and takes a leadership position in extoling the Catholic and Basilian beliefs of St. Thomas High School.
Role: Teachers influence students on a daily basis. Each teacher is a professional who has chosen to cooperate with parents in the formal education of their child. By contract teachers agree to teach grades and subjects as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal during the school term.
Duties: Each teacher may provide all or only some of the following as assigned by his/her Dean, Assistant Principal or Principal.
1. Plan lessons in conjunction with Department Dean and colleagues in the subjects he/she will teach.
2. Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
3. Teach students as an entire class or in small groups.
4. Grade students' assignments promptly and post grades in a timely manner.
5. Communicate with parents, Department Dean and Counseling about students' progress.
6. Work with individual students to challenge them, improve their abilities and work on their weaknesses.
7. Enforce classroom rules and communicate disciplinary issues with the Dean of Students' Office.
8. Assume and demonstrate responsibility for self-growth.
9. Be open to learning through interaction with students and the larger school community.
10. Embody an educational philosophy in harmony with the school's Mission Statement.
11. Use analytical methods, critical questioning, personal initiative and research to evaluate course content, methodology, textbooks, ancillary materials and student progress.
12. Model propriety and correctness of expression.
13. Be actively involved in the school's religious life; taking a leadership position in activities.
14. Have a pastoral attitude toward the students entrusted to St. Thomas.
Bachelor's degree required, post-Bachelor's coursework is preferred.
State of Texas Teacher's Certification preferred.
St. Thomas High School faculty members teach approximately 180 days and are required to attend 10 in-service days. The work day is typically 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Teachers are encouraged to work with students before and after school and to moderate clubs and organizations that fit their skillset. Other requirements include attendance at evening and weekend events such as Back to School Night, Parent Teacher Conference, National Honor Society Induction, Freshman Registration, Commencement Mass and Ceremony and school fundraisers. Other duties as assigned.
St. Thomas High School is a boys college preparatory high school in Houston, Texas, operated by the Basilian Fathers. Our motto is "Teach Me Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge" and we strive to live by our motto every day. We serve approximately 750 students and offer 15 AP classes, 12 varsity sports and a wide variety of arts and clubs.
Scecina Memorial High School – Indianapolis, IN
|High School Math Teacher
St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School – Austin, TX
|Boys Soccer Coach
Morris Catholic High School – Denville, NJ
|Youth Ministry Intern
St. Paul the Apostle – Westerville, OH
|Head Football Coach Teacher
St. Thomas High Shcool – Houston, TX
|Director of Youth and Family Ministry
The Church of the Little Flower – Berkeley Heights, NJ
St. Stanislaus Kostka School – Maspeth, NY
|Assistant Superintendent Secondary Schools
Archdiocese of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
|Vice Principal for Academic Affairs
Camden Catholic High School – Cherry Hill, NJ
|Director of Advancement
St. John the Baptist Diocesan High School – West Islip, NY
|Head of School
Bishop Kearney High School – Brooklyn, NY
Paul VI Catholic High School – Fairfax, VA