JOB ID #8692126270
|Posted:||January 5, 2017||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||March 6, 2017||Experience:||10+ years|
|Location:||Okc, OK||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Send applications or inquiries to:
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job: never provide your social security number to a prospective employer, never provide credit card or bank account information, and never perform any sort of monetary transaction. To use this website, you must agree with the CatholicJobs.com Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Senior Director of Mission Advancement directs and oversees Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City's (CCAOKC) Mission Advancement department's support of agency long-term objectives, staff and all related activities. Primary functions include development and execution of agency fundraising strategies and supporting marketing, public relations, parish engagement, and volunteer coordination activities undertaken by supervised staff. Working closely with the Executive Director and senior staff, the Senior Director of Mission Advancement ensures that the mission objectives of CCAOKC are funded and understood throughout central and western Oklahoma.
The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
• Create long-range and short-term strategic plans for fundraising activities, to include focused attention on Foundations, Corporate giving and regional engagement, to deepen, broaden and diversify agency's revenue streams.
o Develop, together with the Executive Director and agency Board of Directors Mission Advancement Committee appropriate specific fundraising performance targets.
• Create and executed integrated plans for clergy/donor relations.
• Plan and direct execution of the multi-million-dollar Annual Appeal campaign.
• Report and communicate fundraising goals and variance to goals to appropriate audiences at timely intervals.
• Solicit major gifts, including corporations, foundations and private donors.
• Manage or coordinate the processing and completion of grant applications with agency programs and finance.
• Manage, complete and/or coordinate the associated grant reporting requirements after award.
• Oversight of all agency events, including the Green Tie Gala, Reds, Whites and Brews, Annual Meeting, campaign social functions and regional events.
• Plan and provide oversight to special fundraising campaigns, including capital campaigns and endowment campaigns.
• Oversee internal program support activities through assigned staff. Manage internal support processes to meet and manage program expectations in a dependable, visible manner. Identify support requirements that may need to be re-prioritized or outsourced accordingly.
• Evaluate and analyze donor contribution trends and giving patterns.
• Oversee fundraising and event data systems, ensuring accuracy and consistency in accordance with development, finance and regulatory policies.
• Oversight of Mission Advancement and Parish Engagement budgets.
• Work with Executive Director and senior staff to identify funding priorities and integrate development activities into agency's operations.
• In coordination with Executive Director and senior staff, serve as the Public Information Officer (PIO) to incoming media requests.
• Oversee outreach to parishes and community partners.
• Oversee volunteer function.
• Foster an effective Mission Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors Provide through personal and staff support.
• Represent the agency to community events and functions, in coordination with the Executive Director.
• Working with the Senior Director of Social Services, Senior Director of Administration and social service agency partner(s), provide fundraising, marketing and staff support for A Very Giving Christmas.
• Maintain positive vendor relations with venues, caterers, public relations and marketing firm, print houses and all related businesses.
• Oversight and creation of all corporate and marketing collateral, including invitations, campaign materials, brochures, websites and building signage.
• Adhere to AFP's "Donor Bill of Rights."
• Oversight of Mission Advancement staff and related functions.
• Ensure compliance with United Way fundraising policies, procedures and requests for agency tours and speaking engagements.
• Cultivate a culture of fundraising that includes helping programs identify and research alternative funding sources, responding in a timely manner to program requests for assistance with grants, and connecting volunteers and partners to funding opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
This position may supervise the Parish Engagement and Community Engagement departments, as well as the development coordinator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communication, Business or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• CFRE certification preferred.
• 10 years of progressive fundraising and supervision experience.
• History of soliciting $10,000 or more from corporations, foundations and individuals.
• Event management of 400 or more guests.
• Fluency in English and Spanish Preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Advanced understanding of the mission, operation, strategic goals and services of Catholic Charities.
• Excellent organizational skills required to ensure that multiple tasks receive adequate and timely attention.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Able to function autonomously and be proactive.
• Excellent English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Excellent presentation skills, tailoring the message to the audience.
• Proficient in graphic design and principles therein (preferred).
• Thorough knowledge of public relations/communications functions, and effective advertising techniques and practices.
• Research, compile, tabulate, analyze and interpret data and information.
• Organizational and conflict resolution skills.
• Work cooperatively with other divisions, outside agencies, boards, management, media and the general public.
• Proficient computing skills particularly with a variety of software packages, including: Raisers Edge, Foundation Search, Greater Giving, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and other productivity suites.
• Oversee the planning, scheduling and organization of special events.
• Work well under pressure.
• Strong flexible interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with employees and managers at all levels in the organization.
• Able to influence and persuade others in difficult situations.
• Good decision making abilities. Able to make informed decisions based on limited fact and guidance.
This is generally sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
• Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
• Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper supplies).
• May be required to travel by car or plane to business events or other company locations. Travel may require prolonged sitting or standing.
• Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
• Normal office environment.
• May be subject to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City is a dynamic and growing top-tier faith-based human services organization that served over 14,000 Oklahomans in 2016 through more than 16 service programs across nine service locations and 46 counties of western and central Oklahoma. Catholic Charities seeks to provide help and hope to all through the Catholic tradition of service.
|Director of Development
Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family – New Orleans, LA
|Major Gift Officer
Edmundite Missions – Selma, AL
|Nationwide: Senior Leaders, Stewardship and Development
GP Catholic Services – Washington, DC
|Nationwide: Associates, Consultants, And Senior Consultants
GP Catholic Services – Washington, DC
William and Mary Catholic Campus Ministry – Williamsburg, VA
|Vice President of Development
Paradisus Dei – Houston, TX
Archdiocese of New York – New York, NY
Saint Luke Institute Inc. – Silver Spring, MD
|National VP of Campaign Operations-Position Open Nationally
Lynch Development Associates – Huntington, NY
St. Joseph Church – Vancouver, WA
|Director of Direct Response Fundraising
St. Labre Indian Catholic School – Ashland, MT
Jesuit Volunteer Corps – Baltimore, MD